Microsoft Systems Engineer
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST) is a model for change in education and research with the best international graduate students, working side by side with world-class faculty in modern well-equipped laboratories. Beautifully situated on the island of Okinawa, OIST relies on a cross-disciplinary approach, with an emphasis on creativity and exchange, to offer unique, individualized graduate training. OIST is a university with no departments, eliminating artificial barriers between people working in different fields, but many nationalities, with students and faculty being attracted from all over the world. Concentrating initially on Neuroscience, Molecular Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Environmental and Ecological Sciences and Physical Sciences, OIST is bringing some of the best brains in the world to Okinawa to transform the way science and education is done in the global academic world.
In meeting the growing needs of our world leading research cohort, OIST IT is aggressively adopting cloud services. Under the direction of the Infrastructure Manager, this role will see you working as part of the Microsoft Core Systems team to provide Microsoft related services, with an increasing focus on Azure, Office 365 and emerging technologies.
- Installation, maintenance and setup of the OIST Active Directory, Exchange and other Windows infrastructure.
- Creation of Windows server and desktop monitoring, update and protection services as required.
- Installation, setup and maintenance of Microsoft cloud services, to include both Azure and Office 365 services.
- Development of new systems and automation processes as appropriate to improve the research and administrative support services of the OIST Information Services Section.
- Integration of Windows infrastructure with other systems such as the OIST Linux environment, as requested.
- Ensure AD entitlement and delegation models facilitate business requirements for compliance and clients.
- Track project work plans; manage day-to-day aspects of a project plan.
- Ensure all system documentation is complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- At least 5 years of experience designing, implementing and maintaining Windows server infrastructure.
- Deep technical knowledge of Active Directory and components (AD Replication, DNS, DFS,GPO, Kerberos, ADFS, and PowerShell).
- Experience with Microsoft’s virtualization technology (Hyper-V).
- Solid understanding of cyber security risks and mitigations.
- Highly self-motivated with ability to work in a high variety environment, with focus of introducing cutting edge technologies.
- Business level Japanese (JLPT N2) and fluency in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills – good client facing skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with designing, implementing, and maintaining a VDI environment.
- Experience with identity management and directory synchronization tools.
- Strong programming skills, VB, C#, etc.
- Experience managing Azure cloud services (IaaS, PaaS, SDN).
- MCSA/MCSE certification
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Annual salary: 5.5 M yen ~ 8.6 M yen (Job class: Specialist I, A4)
Annual paid leave, summer holidays, Private School Mutual Aid.
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
- Names and contact information of 2~3 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
HR Recruiting Support Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities (https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).