Medical Center Administrative Manager
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
OIST is looking for an experienced manager to run the on campus Health Centre. The Manager will manage the team of nursing staff and the facilities. The Health Centre is responsible for the employee and student Health Checks and also provides medical advice for employees, students and families, such as first aid, booking medical appointments and running a 24h medical Emergency Helpline. S/he reports to the Dean of Research who is the designated OIST Health and Safety Officer.
- Human resource management of the medical team including hiring, scheduling and coordination, and planning training
- Management of Health Center budget/accounting, rules and policy, documents and equipment
- Plan, conduct and manage the Health Checkup program and Stress Check program of the employees and students
- Plan, conduct and manage the health promotion plan of the employees, students and families
- Coordinate with the Industrial Physicians and the Occupational Health and Safety Section
- Build networks and cooperate with local medical facilities and municipalities
- Establish the policy and rules for the emergency response, and on-call Helpline duties.
- Duty of Health Officer (attend the Occupational Health and Safety Committee and work place review)
- Have at least 5 years experience of administration experience in a health care setting
- Experience of team management
- Ability to work both in Japanese and English, written and spoken
- Ability to use Microsoft office (especially Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Knowledge of IT (management of data, system and network)
- Able to communicate and work in consultation with health professionals, team members and other relevant section/unit.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of individuals for the protection of privacy
- Public Health Nursing license or Level 1 Health Officer license in Japan
- Work experience as a medical professional in a clinical environment
- Work experience overseas
- Work experience on management of a medical facility
- Work experience in an university or company
- Experience in training of safety and emergency response such as CPR/AED training
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Annual salary: 7.2 million ~11.3 million yen (Job class: Manager, A5)
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ ), welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin), worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
- Names and contact information of 3~5 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
HR Recruiting Support Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).