IT Support Staff
The IT support staff will be working within the Service and Support section under the IT Division to provide mainly desktop support to researchers, faculty, students, and administrative staff across the University. The IT support staff needs of users varies greatly, and will need to be flexible, a quick learner, and have a good general knowledge of IT, specifically of Windows, Mac OSX, Apple platform, and network skills.
This role will form part of the Service and Support Section, under the section manager, to provide:
- Responses to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, or electronically
- Setup and installation of new computers, printers, or other IT hardware
- Diagnosis and resolution of a variety of technical hardware and software issues
- Support to seminar and workshops as needed, attending to and assisting in AV equipment operation and video conference
- Creation of documentation such manuals or guidelines as appropriate
- A degree in information technology or a related field
- Basic understanding of computer hardware, and operating system installation
- Basic knowledge of Mac OSX
- Basic knowledge of the Windows operating system, and standard applications such as word, excel etc.
- A basic understanding of networking concepts; computer networking configuration etc.
- Japanese and/or English skills (more than conversational level)
- Communication skills, and the ability to discuss and achieve consensus using English and/or Japanese.
- A master degree in information technology or a related field
- ITIL qualification holder or a related to IT operation
- Good knowledge of the newest business Microsoft products (Office365, Intune, etc.)
- Experience working for IT support desk
- Previous experience in IT or certification/training in information technology or a related field.
- Proven ability to create user documentation such as HOWTOs, guides etc.
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
Annual paid leave and summer holidays
Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ ).
Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
Apply by emailing your Submission Documents to:
(Please replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
* Up to 3 references may be requested during the final interview stage.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.