IT Administrative Staff
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
OIST IT is dedicated to deliver services that enable the University to achieve its missions of excellence in research, science education, and the promotion of Okinawa. The IT Division is now recruiting administrative staff who will be responsible for procurement process, budget management, and other administrative tasks.
- Manage the budget of the IT Division
- Manage purchase orders and procurement process of IT supplies, equipment, and software licenses.
- Payment transaction of phone bills, etc.
- Coordinate and supervise the asset inventory of the IT Division
- Manage and schedule appointments, maintain calendars, coordinate correspondence and emails
- Arrange both international and domestic travel and expense report
- Prepare documents in English and Japanese, assist with translation and interpretation, take meeting minutes
- Other secretarial duties as required to assist the IT Division with professional support
- Effective administrative skills with prioritization and high level of accuracy and prompt action as a member of the organization.
- Ability to interact smoothly with diverse range of the division members and other section staff
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Native level Japanese and business level English (TOEIC 800 or higher)
- Effective computer skills in MS Office (Word/Excel/Power Point/Outlook)
- Working experience in an international research institution/university
- At least three years administrative experience
- Experience working in IT industry
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5 hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
Annual paid leave and summer holidays
Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/)
Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials
Apply by emailing your Submission Documents to:
(Please replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
* Up to 3 references may be requested during the final interview stage.
* Prior to the start of employment all new hires are required to successfully complete a background check. Personal information including employment history and academic background should be submitted to third-party administrators after a conditional offer of employment.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.