Information Security Engineer
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 60 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
Come join our small but highly capable information security team in enabling OIST's world leading research, education and the promotion of Okinawa! This key role will see the candidate work with stakeholders from across the university to develop and monitor information security countermeasures and infrastructures, defending against emerging and highly sophisticated cyber security attacks that could severely impact OIST. Through education and communication, the candidate will also further information security readiness, better protecting our information assets. Reporting to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) this position will work as part of the information security team to support the OIST information security program and provide backup for the CISO when absent.
- Develop, deploy and manage solutions to support the OIST information security program, including state of the art SIEM, log event monitoring and other AI enabled solutions.
- Monitor compliance for all systems within the OIST information security monitoring program.
- Rapidly and appropriately respond to information security incidents, including the detailed analysis of logs, alerts or other information required.
- Work within the team as well as with internal and external stakeholders to track information security risks and ensure they are addressed or mitigated as agreed.
- Deliver stakeholder focused scheduled and adhoc reports and presentations on information security status or incidents as required.
- Support education and information security awareness and training activities.
- Handle other information security inquiries and matters as required.
- Draft, update and manage relevant information security policies and rules as required.
- Four years of relevant technical experience
- BS in Computer Science, Information Security, or equivalent experiences.
- Fluent Japanese (JLPT 1 or Native)
- Certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA
- Business Level English (TOIEC 850)
- Experience working in an international environment
Term & Working Hours
Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation in accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
HR Recruiting Support Section
If you have any questions, please contact us at recruiting[at]oist.jp.
(replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
- Curriculum vita in English (and Japanese if available)
- Cover letter in English
- Names and contact information of 3~5 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
Application Due Date
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University has policies and practices in place to accommodate employees with family obligations including an on-site Child Development Center. OIST strongly encourages women candidate to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities(https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).