Property Data Base Management Staff
Housing Management Section is the department responsible for the operation and management of housing in the Buildings and Facilities Management Division. This section currently manages over 400 on-campus housing and 100 off-campus housing. In September 2021, there will be additional 300 on-campus housing.
Under the supervision of Section Manager, Property Data Base Management Staff is responsible for OIST’s on and off campus housing, including contract and property management.
1. Manage internal and external sublease related operations
2. Coordinate with other relevant OIST departments and vendors
3. Manage related personal information and assets
4. Support for implementation of a property management software and operation management
5. Database review, input, and analysis
6. Train software users and prepare manuals
1. 2+ years of experience in property management and real estate
2. Basic IT knowledge and practical experience necessary to operate and maintain a property management software
3. Intermediate level of Microsoft Office
4. Clear and strong communication and documentation skills in both Japanese and English (TOEIC 750+)
5. Willingness to improve knowledge and ability to maintain good relationships with other departments
1. Experience in facility maintenance and management
2. Experience in facility construction work
3. Knowledge of PFI (Public Finance Initiative) business scheme
4. 4-year university degree or equivalent
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5 hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
Annual paid leave and summer holidays
Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
or apply by emailing your Submission Documents to:
(Please replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
* Up to 3 references may be requested during the final interview stage.
* Prior to the start of employment all new hires are required to successfully complete a background check. Personal information including employment history and academic background should be submitted to third-party administrators after a conditional offer of employment.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity educator and employer, and is working actively toward increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities(https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
- Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).