Graduate School Travel Staff
- Handle travel arrangements, travel reimbursements and provide assistance in visa applications for OIST Graduate School students, special students and visitors.
- Provide feedback to the Student Affairs Section Manager to revise and update the university's student travel policy, rules and guidelines by identifying the areas in need of improvement, consulting with other divisions/sections, drafting revisions and etc.
- Train and advise temporary staffs in travel team for smooth operation.
- Help the students with their daily living needs by providing information and guidance, performing as an interpreter, accompanying/driving them to local offices and institutes and etc.
- Arrange recreational, cultural and social events and activities to promote the welfare of the university's student community by following existing rules and procedures.
- Other student affairs duties as directed by the Student Affairs Section Manager.
- Excellent English and Japanese writing and oral presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with students, administrative staff, researchers and faculty from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Advanced Word, Excel, Power Point skills to generate various reports
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and problem-solving approach
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Valid Japanese driver’s license
- Strong knowledge of living environment in Okinawa.
- Prior experience in student support or academic administration in a university
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
Annual paid leave and summer holidays
Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ ).
Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
Apply by emailing your Submission Documents to:
(Please replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
* Up to 3 references may be requested during the final interview stage.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.