Glass Wash Staff (Part-time)
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
Glass Wash Staff is a part-time staff who contributes to basic laboratory support by washing glassware. S/he collects used glassware from research unit laboratories among the campus, wash and dry, and return them to the users.
- Collect used glassware from research laboratories in the campus, wash them by an automatic washing machine or manually, and dry them. (Do not handle glassware with hazardous materials or reagents.)
- If requested, sterilize the washed glassware by autoclave or oven.
- Return the washed glassware to the owners’ laboratories.
- Communicate and report regarding glass wash service
- Capable of performing glass wash service.
- Responsible and diligent.
- Cooperative, sense of teamwork
- Fully capable of communicating in Japanese
- Capable of basic level communication in English
Term & Working Hours
Term: Part-time, fixed term appointment for six months. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: Part-time, 5 days per week (Mon-Fri), 9:00-13:00 (4 hours/day)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Annual paid leave
Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
or apply by emailing your Submission Documents to:
(Please replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
- Curriculum vitae in Japanese
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
* Prior to the start of employment all new hires are required to successfully complete a background check. Personal information including employment history and academic background should be submitted to third-party administrators after a conditional offer of employment.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.