Glass Wash Staff (Part-time)
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
Glass Wash Staff is a part-time staff who contributes to basic laboratory support by washing glassware. S/he collects used glassware from research unit laboratories among the campus, wash and dry, and return them to the users.
- Collect used glassware from research laboratories in the campus, wash them by an automatic washing machine or manually, and dry them. (Do not handle glassware with hazardous materials or reagents.)
- If requested, sterilize the washed glassware by autoclave or oven.
- Return the washed glassware to the owners’ laboratories.
- Communications and reports regarding glass wash service
- Good health condition for performing glass wash service.
- Responsible and diligent.
- Cooperative, sense of teamwork
- Fully capable of communicating in Japanese
Capable of basic level communication in English
Term & Working Hours
Part-time appointment for a half-year contract initially with 3 months probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: Part-time 9:00-13:00 (4 hours/day), 5 days a week
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Hourly rage: 800 JPY
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
- Curriculum vitae in Japanese (and in English if available)
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Support Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
If you have any questions, please contact us at recruiting[at]oist.jp.
(replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.