Energy Management Coordinator
OIST was founded by the Japanese government to contribute to science and technology worldwide, attract leading researchers from Japan and abroad to conduct high-quality research, advance the development of a world-class research hub, and nucleate a knowledge cluster that will catalyze technology transfer and industrial innovation in Okinawa. In order to achieve this goal, we need to provide our researchers with a world-class research environment. The most important appointment of the Facilities Management Section is to properly maintain and manage the facilities within a limited budget.
The Facilities Management Section/Energy Management Coordinator is responsible for managing the energy used throughout the campus. One of the main tasks is to prepare periodic reports required by the Energy Conservation Law. The coordinator is expected to contribute to the energy conservation of the entire campus by preparing plans for the proper use of electricity, water, LNG, A-oil, and LPG.
1. Energy management
・Preparation of periodic reports based on the Energy Conservation Law
・Preparation of monthly reports showing campus energy usage
・Promotion of energy conservation activities
2. Utility cost management
・Preparation of forecasts for electricity, water, A-oil, LNG, and LPG usage
・Review of contracted electricity
3. Facility and equipment maintenance management support
・Maintenance and management of energy service contract
・Maintenance and management of BEMS’s contract
- At least 7 years of work experience related to energy management
- Qualification of energy manager
- Knowledge and experience in preparing periodic reports based on the Energy Conservation Law
- Knowledge and achievements in energy conservation activities.
- Thorough knowledge of energy services
- Communication skills to build good relationships with other groups
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Office
- Japanese driver’s license
- Business level English skill
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed-term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with a 3-month probationary period(inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: 9:00-17:30/Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5 hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
Annual paid leave and summer holidays
Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
or apply by emailing your Submission Documents to:
(Please replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Support Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
* Up to 3 references may be requested during the final interview stage.
* Prior to the start of employment all new hires are required to successfully complete a background check. Personal information including employment history and academic background should be submitted to third-party administrators after a conditional offer of employment.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity educator and employer, and is working actively toward increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities(https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
- Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).