Enterprise Applications Support Staff
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
You are expected to engage in the operation and maintenance of multiple back-office (business) systems in OIST. In doing so, you will communicate with the system users as your “customers”, so that they can conduct their business operations efficiently. You will also join a team to support new system introduction.
OIST expects you to:
- Understand the structure and relation of each back-office system, from the viewpoint of total optimization.
- Execute troubleshooting procedures based on the severity and urgency of the troubles, and provide support services to system users.
- Provide support for the maintenance of master data within OIST’s back-office systems.
- Engage in various documentation activities, such as the creation and update of system manuals, OIST-internal website notifications, and articles.
- Answer questions from system users via phone and email.
- Experience in one of the following, regarding custom-built or packaged back-office systems such as an ERP: requirements definition, basic design, add-on development, implementation, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of or enthusiasm for basic technologies concerning OSs, databases, and network.
- The ability to create reports and other documents using general office applications (such as Microsoft Office).
- The ability to create technical documents (such as a system manual) that are easy-to-read for users without technical backgrounds.
- Experience of using Excel formulas and functions.
- Two-year experience of full-time employment.
- The ability to read and write advanced Japanese (equivalent to BJT J1 or above, or equivalent to JLPT N1 or above) and English (equivalent to TOEIC 730 or above).
- The ability to involve other people to solve problems, whenever you face challenges that you cannot solve alone.
- An Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification, or equivalent knowledge
- The Official Business Skill Test in Book-Keeping 2nd Grade certification, or equivalent knowledge
- SAP FI, MM, and/or HCM Module certification(s)
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Annual salary: 3.2 million yen ~ 6.6 million yen (Job class: Administrative staff II, A2~3)
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Cover Letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
- Names and contact information of 3~5 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
HR Recruiting Support Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).