Enterprise Applications Support Staff
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST) is a model for change in education and research with the best international graduate students, working side by side with world-class faculty in modern well-equipped laboratories. Beautifully situated on the island of Okinawa, OIST relies on a cross-disciplinary approach, with an emphasis on creativity and exchange, to offer unique, individualized graduate training. OIST is a university with no departments, eliminating artificial barriers between people working in different fields, but many nationalities, with students and faculty being attracted from all over the world. Concentrating initially on Neuroscience, Molecular Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Environmental and Ecological Sciences and Physical Sciences, OIST is bringing some of the best brains in the world to Okinawa to transform the way science and education is done in the global academic world.
The Enterprise Applications Support Staff expected to engage in the operation and maintenance of multiple back-office (business) systems in OIST. In doing so, the support staff will communicate with the system users as a “customer”, so that they can conduct their business operations efficiently. The support staff will also join a team to implement and replace systems.
- Understand the structure and relation of each back-office system, from the viewpoint of total optimization.
- Execute troubleshooting procedures based on the severity and urgency of the troubles, and provide support services to system users.
- Provide support for the maintenance of master data within OIST’s back-office systems.
- Contribute to a system implementation project as a member of a team.
- Engage in various documentation activities, such as the creation and update of system manuals, OIST-internal website notifications, and articles.
- Answer questions from system users via phone and email.
- One-year experience of providing back-office support for a packaged system (such as an ERP), mainly for financial accounting operations.
- Experience in one of the following, regarding custom-built or packaged back-office systems: requirements definition, basic design, add-on development, implementation, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of or enthusiasm for basic technologies concerning OSs, databases, and network.
- The ability to create reports and other documents using general office applications (such as Microsoft Office).
- The ability to create technical documents (such as a system manual) that are easy-to-read for users without technical backgrounds.
- The ability to manage data using Excel formulas and functions.
- Seven-year experience of full-time employment.
- The ability to read and write advanced Japanese (equivalent to JLPT N1 or above) and English (equivalent to TOEIC 800 or above).
- Communication skills, and the ability to discuss and achieve consensus using English and Japanese.
- The ability to involve other people to solve problems, whenever facing challenges that cannot be solved alone.
- An Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification, or equivalent knowledge.
- The Official Business Skill Test in Book-Keeping 2nd Grade certification, or equivalent knowledge.
- SAP FI, MM, and/or HCM Module certification (s).
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Annual salary: 3.2 million yen ~ 6.6 million yen (Job class: Administrative staff II, A2~3)
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Cover Letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
- Names and contact information of 3~5 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
HR Recruiting Support Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).