Domestic Grants Acquisition Coordinator
As a member of the Dean Research Office for Research, you will be responsible for the university's key external funding. Based on the acquisition strategy of the Dean in Charge of Research and the General Officer, you will be in charge of everything from the preparation stage of new applications for domestic grants to the implementation after selection. Ambitious and motivated individuals with a track record of successfully applying for grants will have the opportunity to contribute to the university's key strategic initiatives through a variety of roles in a variety of projects.
The OIST Grants and Research Collaboration Section is an organization that provides end-to-end support for new grants in Japan, from the preparation stage to the implementation after adoption.
Experts with specialized knowledge and skills are lined up, and we aim to provide optimal support for individual researchers and cases while exchanging opinions on a daily basis beyond each other's work.
Support for obtaining Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research in Japan:
- Implementation of Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research briefings
- Individual guidance for beginners
- After-sales support for unsuccessful applicants
- Implementation of study sessions and training for those who have been adopted
- Analysis of the current situation and information gathering
- Reporting support to the president and executives
- Liaison and consultation with funding institutions
- Preparation of application forms and related documents
- Other tasks to maximize the acquisition of external funding, etc.
- Experience in applying for and be selected major government-affiliated grants at domestic research universities, research institutes, government agencies, companies, etc. (e.g., those who have experience in supporting Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research at domestic research universities, etc.)
- In written and oral communication, Native level Japanese and Business level of English.
- Those who have the enthusiasm to perform duties related to this business and have basic business skills such as hospitality, communication skills, and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid)
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Access to Child Development Center
- Access to Schooling Options
- Language Education
- Resource Center (Daily Life Support in Okinawa)
- Cover letter in English required. Japanese version required only for Applicants whose native language is Japanese.
- Curriculum vitae in English required. Japanese version required only for Applicants whose native language is Japanese.
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
* Prior to the start of employment all new hires are required to successfully complete a background check. Personal information including employment history and academic background should be submitted to OIST after a conditional offer of employment.
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.
Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3 months probationary period (inclusive).
This contract can be renewed.
Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5 hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- 1st Screening: CV Screening
- 2nd Selection: Interview *The 2nd selection will be conducted for the candidates who pass the first screening
【Notification of acceptance or rejection】
- Results of the 1st screening: Only successful applicants will be notified by February 23, 2024.