Coordinator for Corporate Development
Division Function/Position Summary:
The Technology Development and Innovation Center at OIST is expanding its program to foster international innovation at OIST and in the surrounding community. This role for universities is growing rapidly around the world. Much of the legal structure and corporate practice for this growing international activity must be established anew. The Coordinator for Corporate Development will develop and implement policies, rules and procedures that define the functions and responsibilities for the various participants and will be responsible for building the necessary relationships and networks. The Coordinator for Corporate Development will participate in solicitation of external financial support and guidance from venture capital and other investors, companies, and the public sector and will coordinate the develop of new programs that foster innovation at OIST.
- Develop and coordinate an international innovation program with corporate partners at OIST
- Prepare and institute policies, rules and procedures needed to manage the program
- Participate in solicitation of external financial support and guidance for the program from venture capital and other investors, companies, and the public sector
- Support implementation of licensing and equity agreements
- Expand mentoring programs in relevant areas, including legal/corporate issues and VC investment
- Foster at OIST a community for innovation, entrepreneurship, and corporate development
- Professional legal degree
- Substantial experience in corporate startup, IPO and M&A legal practice in an international environment
- Fluent English, including high level of reading comprehension and writing skills for research documentation, legal agreements, correspondence, and policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated performance in negotiation, mediation, mentoring, and team building in a multicultural environment
- Excellent time management, teamwork, and organizational skills
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: 9:00-17:30
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Annual salary: 7.71 million yen ~
*Competitive, according to skills and experience.
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
If you have any questions, please contact us at recruiting[at]oist.jp.
(replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
HR Recruiting Support Section
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
- Names and contact information of 1~3 referees when required, one of which should be a previous employer
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.