Construction Budget Analyst
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST) is a model for change in education and research with the best international graduate students, working side by side with world-class faculty in modern well-equipped laboratories. Beautifully situated on the island of Okinawa, OIST relies on a cross-disciplinary approach, with an emphasis on creativity and exchange, to offer unique, individualized graduate training. OIST is a university with no departments, eliminating artificial barriers between people working in different fields, but many nationalities, with students and faculty being attracted from all over the world. Concentrating initially on Neuroscience, Molecular Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Environmental and Ecological Sciences and Physical Sciences, OIST is bringing some of the best brains in the world to Okinawa to transform the way science and education is done in the global academic world.
Overview of Division/Section
Buildings and Facilities Management Division oversees planning, design and construction of new facilities of OIST, including architectural and civil engineering projects, and is responsible for management and maintenance of existing buildings and infrastructure, including academic and residential buildings, utilities, and other related facilities.
Manage the entire process of budget requests and budget management of construction projects and provide support to the relevant divisions.
- Take responsibilities for the entire budget request & control process of construction projects and support the Buildings and Facility Management Division and the Financial Management Division for related activities.
- Oversee budget management for construction, civil & infrastructure projects, and facility renovation projects and provide support to relevant parties.
- Use his or her skills as a senior construction/facility management professional to assume responsibility for projects and provide support to relevant parties.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in construction management and/or facility management.
- Minimum 10 years of experience and proven skills and achievement in facility budget request to and negotiation with the Japanese Government.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in budget/finance management of facility and construction projects.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a national university or similar institution.
- Solid track record in PFI projects in Japan.
- 1st-Class Architect License.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture。
- Experience in a managerial or higher position
- Excellent communication skills in Japanese.
- Ability to communicate in English or willingness to obtain English skills.
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: 9:00-17:30
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Access to Child Development Center
- Access to Schooling Options
- Language Education
- Recource Center (Daily Life Support in Okinawa)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
- Names and contact information of 3~5 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
*Japanese nationals are required to submit both documents in English and Japanese
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
* Up to 3 references may be requested during the final interview stage.
* Prior to the start of employment all new hires are required to successfully complete a background check. Personal information including employment history and academic background should be submitted to third-party administrators after a conditional offer of employment.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.