CDC Pre-School Teachers
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST) is a model for change in education and research with the best international graduate students, working side by side with world-class faculty in modern well-equipped laboratories. Beautifully situated on the island of Okinawa, OIST relies on a cross-disciplinary approach, with an emphasis on creativity and exchange, to offer unique, individualized graduate training. OIST is a university with no departments, eliminating artificial barriers between people working in different fields, but many nationalities, with students and faculty being attracted from all over the world. Concentrating initially on Neuroscience, Molecular Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Environmental and Ecological Sciences and Physical Sciences, OIST is bringing some of the best brains in the world to Okinawa to transform the way science and education is done in the global academic world.
To provide nursery and early-childhood education for the children of staff, students and faculty of the University, we have established a Child Development Center (CDC). The preschool program of the CDC provides excellent quality nursery care and early childhood education for 70 children in English and Japanese from the ages of 2 months through to 6 years. It is expected that the center will become a leading example of high quality early childhood education in Japan.
To provide excellent quality childcare for infants and children of employees and students, OIST is seeking to appoint nursery and preschool teachers for children from the ages of 2 months to 6 years. The teachers will support the children of OIST staff by fostering growth in the areas of social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development through hands on and interactive play in a creative structured environment by:
- Maintaining a safe nursery environment
- Guiding infant and child development in social and academic areas
- Assessing developmental progress
- Creating supplemental work for specialized learning.
- Communicating children’s progress with parents
- Collaborating with other teachers and administrators
- Early Childhood Education certification or equivalent experience
- Highly competent English or Japanese Speaker
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Effective behavior management skills
- Experience with teaching in a multicultural or bilingual classroom environment
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 1 years. Contract initially with 3 month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working days: 4-5 days/week
Working hours: 7:00-18:30 (Shift)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations based on experiences and qualifications
Annual salary: 2.4 million yen ~ (Job class: Administrative staff I, A1)
Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
Annual paid leave and summer holidays
Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
- Cover letter in English (and Japanese if available)
- Curriculum vitae in English (and Japanese if available)
- Copy of education related certifications if available
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Support Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
If you have any questions, please contact us at recruiting[at]oist.jp.
(replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
Application Due Date
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities (https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).