CDC Pre-School Teacher’s Aide (Part-time)
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
To provide excellent quality childcare for infants and children of employees and students, OIST is seeking to appoint nursery and preschool/after school teacher’s aide for children from the ages of 2 months to 12 years. The teacher’s aides will support the children of OIST staff by fostering growth in the areas of social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development through hands on and interactive play in a creative structured environment by:
- Assisting in the implementation of the daily program
- Preparing the learning environment by setting up centers and gathering supplies and materials
- Maintaining a safe learning environment and supervising the classroom when the teacher is out of the room
- Collaborating with other aides, teachers and administrators
- Highly competent English or Japanese Speaker
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Effective behavior management skills
- Experience in a classroom environment
- Desire to study early childhood education and obtain license
- Bi-lingual, ability to speak Japanese and English
Term & Working Hours
Part-time, fixed term appointment for 6 months. Contract initially with 3 month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Pre-School Teacher’s Aide: 20hours per week (ex. 6.5hours×3 days, 4hours×5days)
After School Aide: 5 working days, 4 hours a day (14:00-18:00)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Hourly salary: 1,000 yen ~1,200 yen
- Commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
* Eligibility dependent on number of working hours per week
How To Apply
Apply by emailing your Submission Documents to:
(Please replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Support Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
- Curriculum vita in English and Japanese
- Copy of education related certifications if available
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
Application Due Date
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities (https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).