CDC Pre-School Teacher’s Aide (Part-time)
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST) is an international university beautifully situated on the island of Okinawa. To provide nursery and early-childhood education for the staff, students and faculty of the University we are establishing a Child Development Center (CDC). The preschool program of the CDC will provide excellent quality nursery care and early childhood education for 70 children in English and Japanese from the ages of 2 months through to 6 years. It is expected that the center will become a leading example of high quality early childhood education in Japan.
To provide excellent quality childcare for infants and children of employees and students, OIST is seeking to appoint nursery and preschool teacher`s aid for children from the ages of 2 months to 6 years. The teacher`s aids will support the children of OIST staff by fostering growth in the areas of social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development through hands on and interactive play in a creative structured environment by:
- Assisting in the implementation of the daily program
- Preparing the learning environment by setting up centers and gathering supplies and materials
- Maintaining a safe learning environment and supervising the classroom when the teacher is out of the room
- Collaborating with other aids, teachers and administrators
- Highly competent English or Japanese Speaker
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Effective behavior management skills
- Experience in a classroom environment
- Desire to study early childhood education and obtain license
- Bi-lingual, ability to speak Japanese and English
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Hourly salary: 1,000 yen ~2,000 yen
- Commuting allowances
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ ),
welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin),
worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
* Eligibility dependent on number of working hours per week
- Curriculum vita in English (and Japanese if available)
- Copy of education related certifications if available
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
HR Recruiting Support Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* For rules on external professional activities, please review our policy at PRP 3.7 and PRP 22.1.4 along with our OIST Rules for External Professional Activities.
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).