Campus Safety Coordinator
The construction of a safe and secure campus is essential for the formation of a comfortable research environment. As the campus expands, it is required to have a dedicated staff to ensure campus safety. The Campus Safety Coordinator will frequently patrol the campus and engage in activities related to preventive campus safety. This particular role is essential for making the campus of Japan's leading university a safe and secure environment.
1.General duties of fire and disaster prevention based on Fire Service Act and OIST’s fire defense plan (such as maintenance, inspection, and repair management of firefighting equipment, implementation of on-campus safety patrol, promotion of 5S, accident investigation, etc.)
2.Maintenance of OIST’s fire and disaster prevention plan
3.Maintenance of OIST’s Self-defense Fire Brigade
4.Support the development of disaster prevention plans with local governments and support the implementation of joint drills
5.Planning and implementation of various fire and disaster prevention drills on and off campus
1.More than 7 years of experience in firefighting related work
2.Practical experience in preparing fire and disaster prevention plans
3.Certified as a fire and disaster prevention manager (*Certification may be omitted based on experience level)
4.Intermediate level of Microsoft Office
5.Communication skills to maintain good relationships with other groups
6.Associate degree or equivalent educational background
7.Japanese Driver License
1.Class-1 Health Officer’s License
2.Daily conversation level of English
3.Disaster Risk Management Officer’s License
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5 hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
Annual paid leave and summer holidays
Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
or apply by emailing your Submission Documents to:
(Please replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
- Names and contact information of 1~3 referees when required, one of which should be a previous employer
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
* Up to 3 references may be requested during the final interview stage.
* Prior to the start of employment all new hires are required to successfully complete a background check. Personal information including employment history and academic background should be submitted to third-party administrators after a conditional offer of employment.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity educator and employer, and is working actively toward increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities(https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
- Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).