Campus Building Section, Design Assistant
- Prepare visual presentation materials as to design and/or construction statuses of new projects.
- Final products shall be made in ppt format.
- Drawings to be used as base material are Auto CAD format.
- Prepare colorful presentation by using Illustrator.
- Editing Photos is also required.
- Prepare simple layout of walls and/or furniture for small scale renovation projects.
- Prepare design for simple signages.
- Update Master Plan for OIST campus.
- Update OIST Facility Standards
- Manage small projects
- Support assets management
- Similar Experiences for over one year.
- Ability to prepare colorful presentation materials by using Illustrator.
- Ability to prepare visual presentation materials by using ppt.
- Communication skill in English
- Ability to use Auto CAD and Photoshop, or willingness to learn the same.
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 1 year/2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5 hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
Annual paid leave and summer holidays
Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
or apply by emailing your Submission Documents to:
(Please replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
- Cover letter in Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in Japanese
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
* Up to 3 references may be requested during the final interview stage.
* Prior to the start of employment all new hires are required to successfully complete a background check. Personal information including employment history and academic background should be submitted to third-party administrators after a conditional offer of employment.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.