Business Process / Reporting Designer
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
- Design the structure of back-office systems from the standpoint of total optimization
- Analyze, organize, and document the system requirements, in order to realize collective/individual plans to automate back-office operations
- Design and Develop key performance indicators for higher education facilities
- Organizing the requirements for reports that each section creates and integrating those reports to reduce non‐value‐added tasks
- Plan and oversee the design, development, testing, operation, and maintenance processes of software based on the defined specifications and system architecture
- Interest in improving the environment for research and education at a university, and passion for tackling new challenges
- Experience in or enthusiasm for improving back-office operations using IT systems
- Knowledge in back-office operations and IT systems, and the ability to utilize the knowledge to propose an optimal system for OIST
- Experience building DWH or BI system based on Users’ requirements
- Experience basic system lifecycle, Forming a hypothesis / Data Calculation and analysis / Propose concrete and feasible planning / Verify for improvement
- High leadership ability and experience with technology, data analysis/simulation
- Be able to effectively explain data analysis methods to users and board members in an easy to understand manner
- The candidate must be able to proactively plan, starting with the framework the internal workings of a given project
- Self‐starter with motivation to grow brimming with curiosity
- Not only stopping at analyzing, the candidate must be able to give output that will relate to operations and solving the problem on a professional level
- The ability to create reports and other documents using general office applications (such as Microsoft Office)
- The ability to read and write advanced Japanese (equivalent to BJT J1 or above, or equivalent to JLPT N1 or above) and English (equivalent to TOEIC 800 or above)
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to discuss and achieve consensus using English and Japanese
- System Architect, Application Engineer, Project Management, and/or Project Management Professional certification(s)
- Major ERP Application Module Certification(s). Experience with educational institutions’ KPI implementation planning or execution
- Experience with educational institutions' KPI implementation planning or execution
- Experience using tools such as SPSS, SAS, Tableau, Spotfire, QlikView, OracleBI
- Japan Statistical Society Certificate Level 2 or a similar certification
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Annual salary: 4.2M yen-8.6M yen (Job class: Administrative staff III, A3 – Specialist I, A4)
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ ), welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin), worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Cover Letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
- Names and contact information of 3~5 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
HR Recruiting Support Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities (https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).