Business Analyst – HR Technology Solutions
OIST has several enterprise systems which support business operations. The role of Enterprise Applications Section is to manage OIST's enterprise applications services for research, education, and administration. The EA section engages with stakeholders throughout the University to remain abreast of evolving business requirements and recommend changes that will consolidate workflow and facilitate smooth interaction between business practice and enterprise applications.
The EA section is proactive enabler to enable growth and efficiency in research, education, and administration. Striving to make the processes & operations simple, easy-to-use, and effective, the EA section aims to be the leader in Higher Education Enterprise Technology & Best Practices.
EA Section delivers primarily three services to the entire University to enable research, education, and administration. Services are consultancy, guidance to implement new Enterprise Application, and Enterprise Application Operation & Support.
- Derive a capability model pertinent to HR processes aligned with OIST strategic objectives
- Using the capability model as stake in ground, derive an enterprise technology map that includes business processes, functions, technology solution components, and technology assets.
- Derive a technology road map to enable the necessary digital transformation
- Derive a strategic approach for Master Data Management across the technology landscape
- Lead projects startups e.g. Project Brief/ Project Charter, and Project Kick-off
- Document and maintain IT landscape architecture with dependency matrix on business objects and data objects
- Prepare/on-board project team to assure the team is on the same page and fully aligned to achieve a common goal
- Define the project schedule to plan the milestones and apply/monitor internal resources
- Evaluate technology solutions and technology products to ensure best in class and best fit to OIST landscape
- Write bidding documents for external services, evaluate the proposal from external partners, and work with procurement on final contract.
- Derive a KPI driven approach to track, monitor, and continuously improve services from Internal and External partners
- Ensure smooth transition of project deliverable into day-to-day operation and maintenance
- Assure Process and IT-system are well aligned with request and accepted by stakeholders
- Standardize IT SLAs and IT service KPIs. Implement effective monitoring and tracking of SLAs and KPIs
- IT Vendors to be managed through proper SLAs and KPI matrix
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or similar discipline
- Business level English and Japanese (spoken and written)
- Experience in ERP solutions particularly in HR modules and preferably in Higher Education domain
- Experienced and up to date with state-of-the-art HR technology solutions for Time Management, Payroll, Talent Management, Learning Management, and Recruitment
- Experience and understanding in Higher education IT System Landscape, stakeholder management, system implementation, and change management
- Working knowledge of system landscape architecture in higher education domain
- Proven Project Management Skills, and ITIL knowledge
- Result oriented analytical skills (performance management/continuous improvement)
- Effective communication and negotiation skills with strong networking and relationship building skills
- Customer orientated and possessing high standard of delivering quality service
- Effective conflict management skills
- Ability to manage diverse interests and priorities
- Ability to perform well in an international environment
- Ability to lead dialogues with example to convince the team, ensure the team is aligned and committed towards a common goal
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 1~2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: 9:00-17:30 (Discretionary)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
Annual paid leave and summer holidays
Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
or Apply by emailing your Submission Documents to:
(Please replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
* Up to 3 references may be requested during the final interview stage.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.