Business Analyst – Finance Technology Solutions
- Derive a capability model pertinent to Finance processes aligned with OIST strategic objectives
- Using the capability model as stake in ground, derive an enterprise technology map that includes business processes, functions, technology solution components, and technology assets.
- Derive a technology road map to enable the necessary digital transformation
- Derive a strategic approach for Master Data Management across the technology landscape
- Lead projects startups e.g. Project Brief/ Project Charter, and Project Kick-off
- Document and maintain IT landscape architecture with dependency matrix on business objects and data objects
- Prepare/on-board project team to assure the team is on the same page and fully aligned to achieve a common goal
- Define the project schedule to plan the milestones and apply/monitor internal resources
- Evaluate technology solutions and technology products to ensure best in class and best fit to OIST landscape
- Write bidding documents for external services, evaluate the proposal from external partners, and work with procurement on final contract.
- Derive a KPI driven approach to track, monitor, and continuously improve services from Internal and External partners
- Ensure smooth transition of project deliverable into day-to-day operation and maintenance
- Assure Process and IT-system are well aligned with request and accepted by stakeholders
- Standardize IT SLAs and IT service KPIs. Implement effective monitoring and tracking of SLAs and KPIs
- IT Vendors to be managed through proper SLAs and KPI matrix
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or similar discipline
- Business level English and Japanese (spoken and written)
- Experience in ERP solutions particularly in Finance modules and preferably in Higher Education domain
- Experienced and up to date with state-of-the-art finance technology solutions for budget, forecast, procurement to payment, AP/AR Management, accounting, travel and expense management
- Experience and understanding in Higher education IT System Landscape, stakeholder management, system implementation, and change management
- Working knowledge of system landscape architecture in higher education domain
- Proven Project Management Skills, and ITIL knowledge
- Result oriented analytical skills (performance management/continuous improvement)
- Effective communication and negotiation skills with strong networking and relationship building skills
- Customer orientated and possessing high standard of delivering quality service
- Effective conflict management skills
- Ability to manage diverse interests and priorities
- Ability to perform well in an international environment
- Ability to lead dialogues with example to convince the team, ensure the team is aligned and committed towards a common goal
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 1~2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: 9:00-17:30 (Discretionary)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
Annual paid leave and summer holidays
Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
or Apply by emailing your Submission Documents to:
(Please replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Support Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
* Prior to the start of employment all new hires are required to successfully complete a background check. Personal information including employment history and academic background should be submitted to third-party administrators after a conditional offer of employment.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity educator and employer, and is working actively toward increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities(https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
- Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).