OIST IT Division shall empower OIST to achieve excellence in research and education through the provision of technological services that enable:
- Fluid collaboration and access to data, within and without the University
- World-class science and scholarship
- Innovation and technological development
IT Division utilizes a variety of cloud-based business systems such as Microsoft365 and ServiceNow to improve operational efficiency in order to support OIST's unique and world-leading university, which is rare for Japanese universities.
This position is responsible for the overall design of the enterprise-wide data/information architecture. This role works with data architects to organize working sessions to gather requirements from various sections/units at OIST and analyze overall business needs. This position serves as a reference and authority on the process of data modeling and ensures consistency with existing data models and data architectures, published standards, and guidelines.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in designing and developing architectural solutions for
- Enterprise and Domain-level Data, Service, and Information Models, and experience in leading and collaborating with technical resources ensuring technical solutions are adhering to specifications.
- Demonstrated experience with data profiling and data lineage.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of entity relationship diagram modeling and dimensional data modeling.
- Ability to structure and conduct interviews to gather business knowledge on a subject area. Strong written and oral communication skills, including the demonstrated ability to explain complex business processes and technical concepts for various stakeholder groups.
- Functional knowledge of the business processes in higher education or government environment.
- Functional knowledge of operational data and processes of at least one major ERP system such as PeopleSoft, SAP, or Workday.
- Proficient in Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Master's Degree in Information Management or Business Administration.
- 2+ years of Previous experience in a higher education environment or 5+ years of knowledge and experience with BI software.
- Previous experience in Iterative and/or Agile methodologies, Data Asset Modeling tools, or similar technologies.
- Programming skills in any programming language.
- Knowledge of common universities enterprise systems such as ERP, CRM, ticketing systems, and star schema based dimensional models using Kimball methodologies.
- Familiarity with technologies/methodologies including AWS, Azure, ServiceNow, Salesforce, Mulesoft, Tableau, sqlDBM ,and Data Vault.
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid)
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Access to Child Development Center
- Access to Schooling Options
- Language Education
- Resource Center (Daily Life Support in Okinawa)
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
- Names and contact information of 3 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
* Applicants whose native language is Japanese are required to submit both documents in English and Japanese.
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
* Up to 3 references may be requested during the final interview stage.
* Prior to the start of employment all new hires are required to successfully complete a background check. Personal information including employment history and academic background should be submitted to OIST after a conditional offer of employment.
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.
Full-time, fixed term appointment for 1 - 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.