The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST) was established in 2011 to conduct internationally outstanding education and research in science and technology, and thus contribute to the sustainable development of Okinawa, and promote and sustain the advancement of science and technology in Japan and throughout the world. The campus is situated on the island of Okinawa, with English used as the international language of daily operations in the field of science and technology. Faculty, students and researchers gather from all over the world to conduct research and open the way to the future of science and technology. With researchers from more than 30 countries, OIST is the one of the best places in the world for educational research, offering an environment with a cultural and intellectual diversity.
OIST, founded under “Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology School Corporation Act” of Japan, is an educational corporation that is funded mostly by the Japanese Government. It is, therefore, essential and necessary to manage the finance with integrity, transparency and accountability, while making efforts to earn funds from various sources.
The acquisition and appropriate execution of budget serves as the essential “lifeline” for OIST to recruit the best academics in the world and to realize world class research and education. It is the Budget Section of the Division for Financial Management that plays the commanding role for the responsibility to make efficient and effective budget management, which is extremely important for appropriate and effectual administration of OIST.
The Budget Section of the Division for Financial Management is currently seeking a budget staff who prepares OIST budgetary plans and manages the execution of the plans to enhance the Section system.
OIST is seeking a responsible and resourceful individual who can contribute to the advancement of science and technology in the world as well as the sustainable development of Okinawa, by tackling on challenges—together with colleagues—that daily tasks pose and by drawing on their own experiences and passion.
Followings are the operations of the Budget Section.
- Operations related to budget requests including preparation, management and allocation, execution/analysis of budget execution status
- Operation and management of subsidy rules
- Preparation of Income and Expense Plan, and Income and Expense Statement for every budgetary resource
- Handling audits and inspections by the Board of Audit
- Conduct inspections, research and report on budgets and subsidies
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- A university graduate
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in budget and accounting work
- Business level English (Minimum score of TOEIC 700)
- Ability to communicate with related divisions/sections and coordinate with the government, with excelled problem-solving and negotiating skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective computer skills including experience with MS Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint)
- High motivation to be a professional in the overall fields of the Division for Financial Management including budget, procurement and travel expense/accounting work
- Experience in financial field in government offices, Independent Administrative Institutions, and universities
- Experience in using ERP system
- Work experience at audit corporations
- Work experience in English-speaking environment
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Annual salary: 3.2 million yen–6.6 million yen (Job class: Administrative staff II–III, A2–A3)
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ ), welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin), worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
HR Recruiting Support Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities (https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).