Biological Physics Theory Unit Technician
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST) is a model for change in education and research with the best international graduate students, working side by side with world-class faculty in modern well-equipped laboratories. Beautifully situated on the island of Okinawa, OIST relies on a cross-disciplinary approach, with an emphasis on creativity and exchange, to offer unique, individualized graduate training. OIST is a university with no departments, eliminating artificial barriers between people working in different fields, but many nationalities, with students and faculty being attracted from all over the world. Concentrating initially on Neuroscience, Molecular Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Environmental and Ecological Sciences and Physical Sciences, OIST is bringing some of the best brains in the world to Okinawa to transform the way science and education is done in the global academic world.
The successful candidate will assist in a variety of directions including:
- optimizing experimental hardware, including camera and lighting,
- ensuring controlled behavioral environments including temperature, humidity and amount of light during registration of experimental video,
- writing software interface capturing image stream from the camera,
- writing additional software user interfaces supporting the development of image analysis models.
A background in a quantitative discipline such as physics or engineering and both experimental and software skills (for example with LabVIEW) are required. OIST has excellent engineering support and fabrication facilities.
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulation.
Compensation is in-line with international standards
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ ),
welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin),
worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
Annual paid leave, summer holidays, Private School Mutual Aid.
CV and contact information for three references
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Further details about the Institute can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp/)