Auditors’ Assistant (Part-time)
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
Division Function/Position summary:
This position is an assistant to the Auditors of OIST SC. Under the direction of Auditors, perform all duties necessary to conduct Auditors’ audit, including Auditors’ schedule management, compile notes in audit interviews, travel arrangements, and collect information regarding Auditors’ audit, etc.
- Scheduling and coordinating audit interviews, compiling and translating notes, and handling correspondence related to audit activities
- Managing schedules of the Auditors and arranging necessary meetings
- Preparing annual budget plans for the office
- Procuring supplies and services
- Making travel arrangements and processing reimbursements
- Managing Document Management System
- Providing translation/interpretation service to the Auditors
- Other audit related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of relevant administrative experience
- Advanced business level in English (TOEIC 860) and Japanese (native level required)
- Computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Ability to interact smoothly with OIST staff and the relevant organizations’ staff
- Working experience in both Japanese and international settings
Term & Working Hours
Part-time, fixed term appointment (6 months). Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be extended.
09:00-17:00, 4 days per week; totaling to 28 hours per week (Negotiable)
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation in accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
If you have any questions, please contact us at recruiting[at]oist.jp
(replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.