Animal Experiment Coordinator
This position requires a variety of expertise and knowledge in the field of neuroscience of rodent, Zebra finch, Xenopus and Zebra fish. In addition to these animals, marine fishes, the squid and/or octopus, now became the object of animal welfare (Protocol review; humane treatment) in Europe, and the OIST Animal Care and Use Committee (Committee).
The Animal Experimental Coordinator in Animal Resource Section (ARS) works as the secretariat of the Committee and peer reviews all animal experiment applications at OIST using mammalians, birds, reptiles, amphibians, freshwater fish, marine fish, and cephalopod from viewpoints of animal health (veterinary care) and animal welfare. Animal Experimental Coordinator also leads veterinary care program at OIST as a team of attending veterinarians.
- Lead veterinary care program as a team
- Peer review all applications for animal experiment and cooperate with researchers to revise applications as necessary
- Organization of Animal Care and Use Committee
- Doctor for Veterinary Medicine (DVM)
- Experience as researcher using laboratory animals
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Diplomat of collage of laboratory animal medicine
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: 9:00-17:30 (Discretionary)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
Annual paid leave and summer holidays
Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
or apply by emailing your Submission Documents to:
(Please replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
- Letter of intent in both English (and Japanese if available)
- Curriculum vitae in both English (and Japanese if available)
- Names and contact information of 3 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
* Prior to the start of employment all new hires are required to successfully complete a background check. Personal information including employment history and academic background should be submitted to third-party administrators after a conditional offer of employment.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity educator and employer, and is working actively toward increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities(https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
- Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).