The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
Admissions Staff reports to the Manager of Admissions and Career Development Section and supports the mission of the Admissions and Career Development Section and OIST Graduate School. S/he will be responsible for providing logistical and administrative support in the planning and execution of recruiting, admissions, and career development events and programs that take place on and off OIST campus.
- Schedule, plan, and execute recruiting events, admissions workshops, and career development events that take place on and off campus
- Coordinate visitors’ and event participants’ travel arrangements including flight and accommodation reservations
- Attend weekday and weekend events to manage details and to oversee the activities of event participants and volunteers
- Manage relationships with campus partners such as housing, facilities, and IT to ensure smooth operation of Graduate School events and workshops
- Work closely with external vendors to facilitate seamless transactions
- Occasionally participate in the domestic and international recruiting events with other members of the section
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must hold a BA or higher degree
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience (for A2)
- Excellent English and Japanese writing and oral communication/presentation skills
- Exceptional ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly developed problem-solving and informing skills in determining issues/problems that need to be brought to management’s attention
- Ability to work in the highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with students, administrative staff, researchers, and faculty from diverse cultural background
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as needed for events
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Prior experience in higher education
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Annual salary: 2.4 million~5.0 million yen (Job class: Administrative staff II, A1-A2)
*A1: 2.4~3.8 million yen; A2: 3.2~5.0 million yen
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
- Names and contact information of 3~5 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
Recruiting Team, HR Management Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).