Administrative Support Staff, Diversity Section
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST rapidly is gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
- Provide administrative support to Diversity Section’s activities to promote gender equality and diversity at OIST.
- Assist with administrative works in support of OIST female faculty, researcher researchers and administrative staff.
- Maintain and update, as needed, the Gender Equality and Diversity Website (https://groups.oist.jp/ged).
- Provide logistics support to the Gender Equality Committee and take meeting minutes.
- Prepare documents in English and Japanese and assist with translation and interpretation.
- Arrange both international and domestic travel, manage purchase orders according to the established OIST rules.
- Serve as an assistant to the Vice President for Gender Equality and Human Resource Development, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication and writing skills in Japanese and English (TOEIC 860 or higher)
- Computer skills including experience with MS Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Ability to interact smoothly with OIST staff and the relevant organizations’ staff
- Knowledge or interest in gender equality issues
Additional Desired Qualifications
- A degree in a field of STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) or social sciences
- Ability to conduct necessary research in the area of gender issues
- Analytical skills to evaluate the domestic and global status and trends in the area of diversity and inclusion
- Experience in developing and/or organizing diversity programs
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Annual salary: 2.4M yen – 6.6M yen (Job class: Administrative staff I-III, A1-A3)
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ ), welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin), worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Cover letter including a brief description of why you are interested in this position
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
HR Recruiting Support Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities (https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).