Administrative Staff, Facilities Operation and Use
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
- Understand needs of facility aspects (gas, electricity, air-conditioning, soundproofing and required furniture) of various laboratories and collect necessary information.
- Analyze needs of requesters and contact agencies/contractors to request for quotes, perform coordination of schedules and ordering. Proceed to implement and complete the orders.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or (will be) graduated from scientific university, technical college or higher professional school (Applicant may be new graduates)
- Fluent in written and spoken Japanese
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience in using CAD tools such as Autocad.
- Communication skills in English (English level is not specified, but the candidate should be willing to communicate with foreign nationals.)
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Annual salary: 2.4 million ~ 5.0 million yen (Job class: Administrative staff I-II, A1-A2)
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ ), welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin), worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
HR Recruiting Support Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).