Administrative Assistant, Research Support Division
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
Division Function/Position summary:
Administrative Staff in Research Support Division (RSD) is a generalist position that provides a variety of both complex and routine operations in RSD and works together with other administrative staff in RSD. She/he reports to Assistant Provost for Administration. RSD is managed by Provost and it provides technical expertise and common equipment to OIST research community.
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Make travel arrangements and settlements (both international and domestic)
- Handle purchase orders and reimbursement
- Assist in the preparation of meeting materials etc.
- Take meeting minutes in English/Japanese
- Prepare documents in English and Japanese, and translate documents as needed
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum two years clerical or administrative experience
- Native level in Japanese and advanced business level in English (TOEIC 750 or higher)
- Computer skills and proficiency in software (MS Office: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Working experience in both Japanese and international settings
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 1 or 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation in accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Annual salary: 2.4 million ~ 4.5 million yen (Job class: Administrative I, A1)
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
- Letter of intent in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
- Names and contact information of 3 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Support Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
If you have any questions, please contact us at recruiting[at]oist.jp.
(replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.