The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
OIST is a rapidly growing university, so it is necessary for the Accounting Section to train new users of finance systems, acquire basic accounting knowledge, and educate the importance of fixed assets managements. We are seeking to hire an Accounting Staff with 3 or more years of work experience and with good communication skills.
- General accounting, including annual and monthly closing
- Fixed asset management
- Travel expense control
- ERP system implementation
- Others related to overall accounting
*Responsibilities will be fixed according to work experiences and knowledge
*Position may be subject to the internal transfer within Finance division (budget, procurement or travel section)
- Minimum 3 years work experiences
- TOEIC Score 700 level English and Native level Japanese
- PC skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Enthusiastic and responsible person
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in Independent Administrative Institutions or National Universities
- Previous experience with ERP system
- Experience in accounting or finance field
- Professional certification such as CPA, USCPA and Tax accountant
- Job experience in international workplace
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 1-2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation in accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Annual salary: 2.4 million ~
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
Letter of intent in both English and Japanese
Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
- Names and contact information of 3 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
If you have any questions, please contact us at recruiting[at]oist.jp.
(replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. The personal information you provide will only be used to recruitment selection.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.