The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
OIST is a rapidly growing university, so it is necessary for the Accounting Section to train new users of finance systems, acquire basic accounting knowledge, and educate the importance of fixed assets managements. We are seeking to hire an Accounting Staff with 5 or more years of experience and with good communication skills.
- Payment invoice check
- Reimbursement check
- Fixed assets management
- Others related to overall accounting
*In the financial division to which the accounting section belongs, we are introducing a job rotation system, and you may engage in business such as budgeting and procurement.
- New graduates or equivalent
- Ambition, strong sense of responsibility, thorough personality
- Cooperative and good communication skills
- Native level Japanese and TOEIC Score 700 level English
- PC skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Those who have certificate of bookkeeping 2 or higher
- Those who graduate from management or economics major
- Those who are aiming to obtain qualifications such as certified public accountants and tax accountants
- Those who have studied abroad
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Annual salary: 2.4M yen-3.8M yen (Job class: Administrative staff I, A1)
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ ), welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin), worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
HR Recruiting Support Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities (https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).