OIST is a rapidly growing university, so it is necessary for the Accounting Section to train new users of finance systems, acquire basic accounting knowledge, and educate the importance of fixed assets managements. Accounting Section is looking for a Specialist with both practical accounting skills (more than 7 years of experience) and good communications skills. The specialist will engage to revise accounting manuals and procedures as a new finance ERP system SAP has been introduced.
- General accounting, including annual and monthly closing
- Fixed asset management
- Corporate Tax, Consumption Tax Return and Tax related task
- Corresponding to the Tax inspection, Board of Audit and Accounting Audit etc.
- Others related to the overall accounting
*Responsibilities will be fixed according to work experiences and knowledge
*The candidate might be accepted job-rotation to other positions in Budget or Procurement section as requested in the future.
- Minimum 7 years work experience in general accounting
- TOEIC Score 800 level English and Native level Japanese
- PC skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Enthusiastic and responsible person
- Good communication skills and strong leadership
- Experience in Independent Administrative Institutions or National Universities
- Experience with ERP system
- Major in accounting or finance
- Professional certification such as CPA, USCPA, and Tax accountant
- Job experience in an international workplace
- Able to job-rotate to other positions in Accounting or Procurement as requested in the future
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5 hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
Annual paid leave and summer holidays
Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
Apply by emailing your Submission Documents to:
(Please replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Support Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
* Up to 3 references may be requested during the final interview stage.
* Prior to the start of employment all new hires are required to successfully complete a background check. Personal information including employment history and academic background should be submitted to third-party administrators after a conditional offer of employment.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.