Accounting Section Manager
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
OIST is a rapidly growing university, so it is necessary for the Accounting Section to train new users of finance systems, acquire basic accounting knowledge, and educate the importance of fixed assets managements. Accounting Section is looking for the Section Manager with both practical accounting skills (more than 7 years of experience) and good communications skills. The specialist will engage to revise accounting manuals and procedures when a new finance ERP system is introduced.
- General accounting, including annual and monthly closing
- Fixed asset management
- Corporate Tax, Consumption Tax Return and Tax related task
- Corresponding to the Tax inspection, Board of Audit and Accounting Audit etc.
- Negotiating with the relevant government offices.
- Managing overall operation of the section.
- Others related to overall accounting.
- Tasks specifically assigned by the Vice President for Financial Management
*Responsibilities will be fixed according to work experiences and knowledge
＊The candidate must be prepared to transfer to other positions in Budget and Procurement as requested in the future.
- Minimum 7 years work experiences in general accounting
- TOEIC Score 700 level English and Native level Japanese
- PC skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Enthusiastic and responsible person
- Good communication skills and strong leadership
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationship in an international environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and a problem-solving approach
- Ability to form an amicable working environment and support career development of other staff members.
- Preparedness to be transferred to other positions in Budget and Procurement as requested in the future.
- Experience in Independent Administrative Institutions or National Universities
- Previous experience with ERP system
- Major in accounting or finance
- Professional certification such as CPA, USCPA and Tax accountant
- Job experience in international workplace
Term & Working Hours
Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be extended.
Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/), welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin), worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
HR Recruiting Support Section
If you have any questions, please contact us at recruiting[at]oist.jp.
(replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
- Names and contact information of 3~5 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
Application Due Date
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities (https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).