The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
The Housing Section is the department responsible for the operation and management of housing in the Facilities Management Division. The Section currently manages over 700 on-campus housing and over 100 off-campus housing. The Housing Section staff is responsible for the overall management of on- and off-campus OIST housing under the direction of the Section Manager and is primarily responsible for contract and property management.
- Manage all processes up to the completion of building repair work, including requesting estimates, placing construction orders, and negotiating with contractors
- Being as a point of contact with contractors and negotiate in consultation with supervisor.
- Maintenance and management of the real estate and movable property (furniture, etc.)
- Maintain to exterior and planting,
- Repair and troubleshooting for furniture and buildings
- Support all operations related to move-ins and move-outs
- Conducting orientation: Provide face-to-face explanations to new tenants and send information by e-mail.
- Support to contract signing, renewal, and cancellation: prior communication regarding contract renewal, explaining the contract, obtaining signatures, etc.
- Attendance at move-in and move-out: Inspection and attendance at move-in and move-out
- Handling complaints.
- Corresponding emails, answering telephone, explaining in person
- Creating and maintaining manuals and website
- Manage for short and long term accommodation schedule on-campus housing
- Centralized management of reservation requests from related departments
- At least one year of experience in real estate or construction field.
- High communication skill in both Japanese and English. Also, ability to write documents in Japanese and English.
- IT skills and knowledge, including the ability to create tables and use basic functions in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Communication skills to maintain good relationships with tenants and other departments
- driver's license
- Experience using property maintenance management software
- Experience with lease agreements
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5 hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Access to Child Development Center
- Access to Schooling Options
- Language Educateion
- Recource Center (Daily Life Support in Okinawa)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
- Cover letter in English (and Japanese if available)
- Curriculum vitae in English (and Japanese if available)
* Japanese nationals are required to submit both documents in English and Japanese
* Up to 3 references may be requested during the final interview stage.
* Prior to the start of employment all new hires are required to successfully complete a background check. Personal information including employment history and academic background should be submitted to third-party administrators after a conditional offer of employment.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity educator and employer, and is working actively toward increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities(https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
- Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).